Coming just after a couple of weeks, the Taurion team has announced the launch of its tech demo. This release, according to the team, is a pre-alpha build, meaning that more mechanics will be added in the coming months.
Some of the attributes of this demo include the following:
- Complex and fully decentralised MMO
- Movement inside a decentralised world
- Basic combat (with health points and shield regeneration)
- Chat system utilizing XID (Xaya ID)
In addition to these mechanics, the team has announced that this same pre-alpha demo build will be going open-source. The aim of doing so is to further ensure members of the eco-system of its transparent nature.
This rings true with Taurion’s inner workings, but also for XAYA‘s framework as a decentralized solution.
But just as is the case with other open-source projects, the Taurion team wants to foster community innovations it seems.
“By opening the code we welcome people to:
- Contribute to the project
- Fork the project and make their own game (develop along with us as we add more features)
- Adjust the gameplay so it’s more suited to their own project
- Make a Fantasy or Medieval or Modern-day setting/version
- Whatever they wish
- Create their own front ends”