SkyWeaver and Guild of Guardians devs enter Ubisoft’s Entrepreneurs Lab
Ubisoft has announced the sixth season of its Entrepreneurs Lab.
Eleven game companies have been accepted into the six month program, of which five use the blockchain.
In terms of blockchain games, the key companies are SkyWeaver developer Horizon and Stepico, which is the team behind Guild of Guardians.
Previous companies include Axie Infinity dev Mavis Sky, Sorare and Xaya.
Canadian developer Horizon Blockchain Games has been working on its TCG SkyWeaver since 2018, raising $9 million in funding in the process.
The game is currently in the latter stages of testing before entering soft launch.
Other blockchain companies within the program include data site NonFungible and infrastructure companies Aleph and Crucible.
The full list of companies is:
- Aleph.im – dapp infrastructure
- Anybrain – AI-based security and anti-fraud for gaming
- Atlantide – educational history games
- BrainLeap – attention training for kids
- Crucible Network – tools for the metaverse
- Game Academy – career advise for gamers
- Stepico – Guild of Guardians developer
- Horizon Blockchain Games – SkyWeaver developer
- Lexiko – learning disabilities plaforms
- NonFungible – NFT data platform
- Virtuleap – health and education VR startup