The Sandbox announces multiple partnerships to build a metaverse megacity
While already a stand-out in the realm of the blockchain metaverse, The Sandbox has gone further this year. A recent press release from the team has announced multiple new partnerships with Hong Kong-based companies.
Featuring companies from industries ranging from film, music, entertainment, acting, professional services, finance, real estate, and gaming, their combined objective? Build Mega City – a cultural hub within The Sandbox, and the metaverse.
In total, the partnership has brought eight prominent names into the metaverse, each with a bullish view of the blockchain world:
- Adrian Cheng – The Hong Kong entrepreneur who has his sights on making his in-Sandbox landmark the GBA Pavilion. A vibrant place of creativity and tech wonders showcasing the successes and achievements of the Greater Bay Area startups.
- Sun Hung Kai & Co. Limited (SHK & Co) – A highly successful leader in alternative investments, including The Sandbox; having participated in its $93 million Series B funding round. SHK & Co will be building a range of online host investor events, exhibitions, exclusive parties, and private performances on the platform.
- PwC Hong Kong – A key element of the PwC global network. While other partners have their sights on building, PwC Hong Kong will be focussing in on building greater understanding for companies that are otherwise unfamiliar with Web3 and blockchain.
- TIMES CAPITAL – The blockchain investment platform and asset management firm, Times Capital will be collaborating with content creators and game studios to build a highly immersive Hong Kong film IP museum and game experience based on its over 150 classic films IP portfolio.
- Stephen Fung and Shu Qi – The entertainment stars will be taking their piece of The Sandbox to showcase their creativity, along with paying homage to Hong Kong film classics as well as a special NFT gallery that will showcase his creations and those of new artists selected by him.
- Dough-Boy@BlueArk – The award winning musician and producer will be working on BlueArk Land – Asia’s first clubbing metaverse hub within The Sandbox.
- Little Fighter (LF) – It’s creator Marti Wong will be dedicating LF’s plot of land to Little Fighter Metaverse – a virtual world with four different stages: Kowloon City, Ninja Village, Ice and Fire Island, and the Evil Castle.
- Dreamergo – The popular Hong Kong-based illustrator, will build Dreamergo World, a virtual fantasy park
The new entrants have joined The Sandbox’s virtual real estate by acquiring LAND NFTs in the open metaverse and have committed to building experiences in Mega City.
The Sandbox – Mega City Land Sale
In order to celebrate these new partnerships, The Sandbox is also launching a new LAND sale. Kicking off on 13th January, 2022, players will be able to purchase prime real estate close by to the collection of HK partners just announced.
For those interested in being part of the sale, you can check out the map to see where there premium plots of land, and each will include exclusive premium NFTs and have the possibility to host events, gaming experiences, or social hubs.
For more information on the LAND sale, check out the company’s Medium page here.
In case you need a refresher on the platform, check out its latest video teaser here.